Top Stroller Boards / Ride-on Boards / Kiddie Boards / Buggy Boards
- Lascal Buggyboard Mini . Englacha 2-in-1 Junior X Rider . Baby Jogger Glider Board . Lascal Buggyboard Maxi
Sit and Stand Strollers
Stroller Wheels/Inner Tubes
Canopies / Hoods / Weather Shields
Stroller Seat / Fabrics
Report a Review!
Don’t See a Certain Product on Our Site? Suggest a product through our contact form
Browsing through our reviews and find something that shouldn’t be there, or isn’t a quality review? Please let us know through our contact form and tell us which product the review is on. Thank you!
These are also known as Universal Stroller Board or Buggy Board or Stroller Ride On Board. These easily attach to the upright tubing or frame of the pram, to accommodate one more child on the buggy. Its cheaper, and is considerably easy to assemble and attach to a stroller.
Stroller Board Articles
There is no doubt that baby strollers are one of the important baby products out there, that makes your life much more convenient once you have a baby. However, when you have a couple of kids, you have to figure out what is the best way to go out for walks, with two instead of one child.
If one of the siblings is old enough to walk for some time, preferably in the 3 to 5 or 6 years age group, then a buggy/stroller board may be the accessory you need for your stroller. With a stroller board attached, the stroller is easier to move around (compared to a double stroller) and you can easily take it though narrow lanes when outdoors and through narrow doors, when in a mall.
Everyone will have their own take on what the best stroller board should be like, so I thought of creating this ultimate resource that provides detailed reviews and does an objective analysis of all the top stroller boards in the market.
What is a Buggy Board?
Buggy boards are popular stroller accessories, suitable for families with more than one child, and who already own a stroller.
These easily attach to the upright tubing or frame of the pram, to accommodate one more child on the buggy. It doesn’t cost much, and is considerably easy to assemble and attach to a stroller.
These are also known as Universal Stroller Board or Buggy Board or Stroller Ride On Board.
Why Use Them?
- If you have two children, it’s a good alternative to investing in a double stroller, if one of the children is a little grownup.
- They can easily be added or removed at any time.
- Offers a good view to the child who’s standing on it.
- You have several choices of Stroller Board Attachments.
Who is it Suitable For?
Here are some situations where this stroller accessory comes in handy.
- You already own a stroller and have more than one child
- One of the siblings is old enough (grownup for strollers) but still need supervision
- Suitable for children who are too young to walk long distances
- Suitable for children who are grown up and can hold the tubing.
- Mostly suitable for children in the age group 2 to 5 or 6 years, weight of 20 to 30 kg.
- The Design has a base on which children can stand and comes with 2 to 4 wheels underneath.
So using this this accessory you don’t have to carry any of your child, while you push the stroller.
How to Find a Buggy Board That Meets Your Needs
Here are some of the factors that you need to consider before buying a stroller board.
- It needs to properly fit your baby stroller so check the dimensions
- Four wheel boards are usually easier to manoeuver, and also offer great balance.
- If you are good at carpentry work and using tools, you can even make one yourself.
Most buggyboards usually have a universal fit making it suitable for almost all buggies and prams. So look for something that can fit most popular models of prams, strollers, travel systems, single or double pushchair.
You want something that is comfortable, safe, fun & speedy, besides easily connected to your stroller or pram for the perfect stress-free outings.
You want an accessory that provides security for your child in crowds and high traffic areas. When your child is too tired to walk, or when you are in a hurry, these make it easy for both of you.
The better ones are designed to easily attach to the upright tubing of a stroller or to the frame of a pram. The connectors are made to fit square, oval or round tubings.
This surface reduces the risk of the child accidentally slipping off the board, making it safe and comfortable to stand on.
Some boards come with a width adjusting system that makes it possible for it to attach to small as well as wide prams and pushchairs.
Large ground clearance
This makes it more convenient for the parent to walk, so that their legs can easily go under the board.
Better suspension on each wheel provides a smooth and pleasant ride, for the child.
Board Levelling System
Some boards come with a levelling system that allows you to choose the position for the connectors on your pushchair or pram. You just adjust the height of the arms to the connectors height.
The strap connector allows you to attach the connectors to almost any size of chassis tubing.
It is best to put the board in a resting position when not in use (temporarily). Look for such a mechanism, most boards have straps that is easily adjusted to work with your pushchair or pram.
Watch this video to get an idea of how this stroller accessory can really help you:
Baby Travel/Gear News