While there are several advantages of being tall, when it comes to pushing/using a stroller, tall parents can face problems, especially if they do not use the stroller of the right height. They have to hunch down to reach the handlebars and push the stroller or they will have to put their hands in an awkward position. For short distances it may not be much of a problem, but do it for a while, and strolling becomes a nightmare for taller parents. Here, we take a look at the strollers that are friendly for parents who are over 6 feet.
Table of Contents
Why Stroller of Right Height?
Once you’re out with your baby in the stroller, you’re not going to come back in 5-10 minutes. So imagine you’re out on a 30-minute walk using a stroller that is not the right height for you.
Your back will be curved, your shoulders will shrug, and pretty soon you will be in pain. Choosing the wrong stroller for your height can aggravate existing back condition or even start a new pain. That’s why its important for tall parents to select a stroller of the right height.
We have included different kinds of strollers for tall people – umbrella strollers, jogging strollers (single as well as double strollers). These strollers ensure the baby is comfortable, but also make the caretakers (parents) stay comfortable.
Things to Consider
“Invest in a Good Stroller” is the advice given by most parents. And if you are new parent who has been using the stroller for some time, you will understand why.
Here are a few things that tall parents should consider:
- When evaluating strollers, start with the handles. Handles need to be higher up/longer.
- Tall parents also have longer legs, and they take bigger strides. You need a stroller where you won’t be constantly kicking the bottom of the stroller as you walk.
The best strollers for tall people have room for long strides, plus higher handles. Most strollers can also be made to appear taller using accessories such as stroller handle extension bar.
Best Strollers for Taller People
- Best Umbrella Strollers for Tall Parents: Baby Cargo 300 Series Lightweight Umbrella Stroller, UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller, Joovy Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
- Best Umbrella Stroller for Tall Parents: Britax B-Ready Stroller (2017), Maclaren Techno XLR Stroller, Peg Perego Booklet Onyx, Chicco Liteway
- Best Jogging Stroller for Tall Parents: Mountain Buggy Terrain Jogging Stroller, BOB Revolution PRO Stroller, Bumbleride Speed Jogging Stroller, Bob Ironman
- Best Double Stroller for Tall Parents: BOB Revolution FLEX Duallie Stroller, BOB Strides Duallie Fitness Stroller, Mountain Buggy Plus One, ZOE XL2 Double Stroller, Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller
- Best Travel System for Tall Parents: Chicco Bravo Trio System, Baby Trend EZ Ride
UMBRELLA STROLLERS: Joovy, UPPAbaby, Baby Cargo
ALL-TERRAIN/JOGGING: Jeep, Mountain Buggy, BumbleRide
CONVERTIBLE STROLLERS: UPPAbaby, Britax, Phil&Teds
LIGHTWEIGHT: Baby Jogger, Peg Perego, Inglesina
As mentioned, you can build your own stroller handle extension. For some strollers, you get handle extension bars, and in some cases you can use bike parts like handle bar ends. Umbrella strollers are particularly easy to extend. Read here for more stroller handle extension options.
Everybody loves being tall and is seen as an attractive feature in human beings. However, all your sense of pride will go out of the door if you try using a regular (short) stroller, which is not deigned for taller people. You will keep kicking the back side of the stroller, walk in an awkward posture and will often get a cramp in your lower back. Most strollers are designed with a one-size-fits-all-parents approach, which may not suit tall parents.
The strollers listed on this page are perfect for taller parents, and should make strolling more comfortable.