Stroller wheels & tires, available in a variety of sizes and materials. Here you will find replacement tires, wheels, and casters for all kind of baby travel gear such as carts, wagons, strollers, dog wheelchairs, and just about anything else that rolls.
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview
- 2 Bestselling Stroller Wheels, Inner Tubes, tires
- 3 BOB Revolution SE Stroller, Inner Tube (Front Wheel)
- 4 REAR Inner Tubes (16″ Twin Pack) for Baby Trend Expedition Stroller/Jogger/Push Chair
- 5 Baby Trend Stroller Inner Tube (Front Wheel)
- 6 Grog/Gecko 6″ Swivel Wheel
- 7 Diameter of the Stroller Wheel
- 8 Tread of Stroller Wheel
- 9 Material Used
- 10 Stroller Wheels & Tires: Maintenance
- 11 Final Words
The wheels are useful stroller parts that, over a period of time, get subjected to the maximum wear and tear. At times, you may have to replace the inner tube of the wheel, or in some cases you will need to look for replacement tires.
With baby strollers, flat tubes or lacerated tires are a common phenomenon. Almost every parent / caretaker has to deal with it. Its good to know how to replace the inner tube / tire of a stroller, else you could be in trouble if you’re far away from home.
Before you go about buying these, you need to know that stroller wheels come in a variety of sizes and materials, each have their own pros and cons and are suited for specific purposes.
The good quality tires use high quality rubbers that provide good grip on the surface. The rubber sealing inside retains the air for longer periods (compared to plastic caps) requiring less frequent inflation.
Bestselling Stroller Wheels, Inner Tubes, tires
Here we take a look at the best Inner Tubes & Tires for Baby Strollers.
Always replace with the same type of tire, previously used on your stroller (be it air or foam tires).
BOB Revolution SE Stroller, Inner Tube (Front Wheel)
The tubes of the wheel (of your stroller) can wear out over time. In case you own a BOB Revolution SE Stroller and are looking for inner tube replacement, you can use this replacement part – the BOB Revolution SE stroller inner tube, designed specifically for the front wheel.
Its easy to install, the replacement tube easily goes into the rim of the front wheel & inflates without any issues, and you can pump it up in less than a minute.
Here’s a complete review of BOB Revolution SE Stroller, inner tube (front wheel)
- This replacement part is designed to fit only the front wheels of BOB Revolution SE Stroller
- Its compatible with some BOB stroller models.
- The tube expands to fit baby stroller.
- Valve Type: Straight Valve.
- Long lasting pneumatic tube.
REAR Inner Tubes (16″ Twin Pack) for Baby Trend Expedition Stroller/Jogger/Push Chair
If you own a Baby Trend Expedition stroller, jogger or pushchair, and are looking for replacement for your rear tubes, these 16″ twin pack from Schwalbe is the perfect solution.
These are easy to install, are fairly thick, and hold up well. It may seem a bit expensive though. But you get almost new set of tires.
More Features of these twin Pack 16″ REAR Inner Tubes for BABY TREND EXPEDITION Stroller:
- You get a set of two premium quality Schwalbe inner tubes
- These are ‘puncture resistant’. The higher quality butyl rubber gives better protection on any kind of surface
- Unlike other tubes, there’s less requirement to re-inflate because its SUPER AIR TIGHT
- SKYSCAPE VALVE CAPS – Rubber sealing inside gives 3x more air retention over plastic caps
Baby Trend Stroller Inner Tube (Front Wheel)
Own a Baby Trend stroller and are looking for inner tube replacement. This Baby Trend Stroller inner tube is perfect for your Front Wheel.
Its easy to install, the replacement tube goes into the rim of the front wheel without any issues, and you can pump it up in less than a minute.
Here are main features of the Baby Trend Stroller Inner Tube:
- This replacement part is designed to fit only front wheels
- Compatible with all Baby Trend strollers Expedition series.
- Tube expands to fit baby stroller.
- Valve Type: Straight Valve.
- Comes with long lasting pneumatic tube.
Grog/Gecko 6″ Swivel Wheel
6″ swivel wheel replacement for Bugaboo Frog or Bugaboo Gecko strollers. Wheels sold individually.
If you own a Bugaboo stroller (Frog or Gecko) and need new wheels because the existing ones are worn out, you need to buy these tires.
Connecting this is as simple as click and go…
So if your Bugaboo’s wheels are damaged, you don’t have to throw your stroller away because of the damage, these single wheels and other parts are easily available that help fix these expensive strollers in a breeze.
Diameter of the Stroller Wheel
This basically relates to the size of the wheel. You get wheels of different diameters – some are four and a half inches while others are seventeen inches.
It is good to pay attention to the diameter of your stroller’s wheels when looking for replacements.
- Traditional strollers & Umbrella strollers usually have smaller wheels
- All-terrain and jogging strollers have larger wheels for more speed and to adapt better to varying landscapes.
- Some strollers use four – ‘six inch’ wheels which easily swivel to allow the user to easily glide around town during quick errands.
- Some use two – six and a half inch front swivel wheels with two rear ten and a half inch wheels. The varying size allows parents to easily maneuver over uneven sidewalk or from sidewalk to street without too much disruption to the child.
- Some feature nine and a half inch front swivel and lockable wheel with two twelve and a half inch rear wheels. The large diameter of the wheels allow for an even ride for the child while transporting the stroller across uneven and rough landscape.
Tread of Stroller Wheel
Another important thing to check is the tread of the stroller wheel, which can vary from stroller type to stroller type. An umbrella stroller will not need as much grip as an all-terrain or jogging stroller that need the extra grip for a safer journey on varying landscapes.
Umbrella strollers typically feature a smooth tread, a traditional stroller could range from a smooth tread to a traditional tread, whereas all-terrain and jogging strollers need rugged or semi-rugged tread for better grip.
Earlier, stroller wheels were made from plastic but they are now available in more durable materials. Nowadays you get four main tire types:
- Aerotech tires: Lightweight and easy to replace, superior durability, look nice but lack in grip and ride comfort.
- Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) tires: Lightweight and easy to replace, great durability, but aren’t designed to move fast so are not suited for jogging strollers.
- Polyurethane foam-filled tires: Bit heavier than aerotech or EVA tires but provide a comfortable ride. Easy to replace, durable, and provide better grip.
- Pneumatic tires: Heaviest, less durable but offer superior grip, speed and ride comfort.
Stroller Wheels & Tires: Maintenance
Lubricate the moving parts of the stroller if necessary, with a light application of a silicone based lubricant. You should regularly check the condition of the wheels and keep clean of dust, dirty and sand.
Your choice of stroller wheels should depend on the purpose – whether its for errands around town, for maneuvering city streets in a hurry, for adventures/getaways, in parks or at your favorite hiking trail.
If you live in an area with lots of thorns or burrs on the road, sidewalk or trail, the tires of your stroller can go flat. Fortunately for you, its easy to get it replaced.
Take a look at these stroller wheels to choose the one for your needs.