Lot of places like in Canada, you got snow in winter and gravel roads /paths in summer. These strollers are best suited for winters with lots of snow. The heavy snow during winter should not deter you from venturing out with your kids. A good stroller that won’t get stuck when the snow starts falling (and the sidewalks turn to slush) does make life easier during harsh winters. A good stroller for Snow And Winter Season is actually good for all seasons and terrains. Here are the top strollers that you can use in winter when its cold, snowing, and you still need to get things done.
Things to Look For
- You need a stroller with solid wheels that will push through the snow. Strollers with bike style wheels (1 big wheel in the front with big thick tread, not plastic wheels but tires with air) work great on snow and all all kinds of terrain. These are smoother to push on all types of terrain. Wheels that have air are way smoother then hard plastic wheels on most rough surfaces, including snow.
- Having the front wheel that locks does help a bit on snow, but its also more of a hassle to steer. Also, the bigger the wheel size, the better it is (for most terrains, including snow). Its very helpful in spring time when the snow starts to melt and everything is slippery and slushy.
- You should choose an all-terrain stroller, these are sturdy and built to last.
- Get a sturdy stroller with a big front wheel that can be locked, helpful in heavy snow, gravel, or sand.
- Also, if you live in downtown Toronto or Montreal, you need something more compact. A huge/wide stroller will make it uncomfortable to use in crowds or while in transit.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogging Stroller.
Thule Urban Glide
BOB strollers are also good. They are fantastic for running, has shocks for trail running and hiking.
More All-Terrain Strollers